When you visit any website, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience. Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. Click on the different category headings to find out more and change our default settings. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer. You may modify your choice using the Cookie preferences link at the bottom of the screen.
The BNP Paribas Group is committed to delivering the best possible service to you while maintaining the confidence that you place in us.
As part of this, we have adopted strong principles across the Group to ensure the protection of your data.
As such, we would like to provide you with transparent information about how we place, use and store cookies on your device when you use our website and/or our mobile application (the “Website” and/or “Application”) and you present the option to manage and to delete cookies.
- What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text, image or software files that are placed on your device when you access our Website and/or use our Application. The word “device”, when used in this Cookies Policy, refers notably to computers, smartphones, tablets and all other devices used for accessing the internet.
Cookies may be either: (i) session specific, meaning that they are deleted from your device once the session and browser are closed; or (ii) persistent meaning that they will remain on your device until they are removed.
Cookies perform a number of useful functions, such as to:
- Authenticate and identify you on our Website and/or Application in order to provide you with services that you have requested;
- Enhance the security of the Website and/or Application, including to prevent fraudulent use of login credentials and protect user data from access by unauthorised parties;
- Send you personalised advertising notably based on your browsing history and your preferences on line ;
- Monitor your use of our Website and/or Application in order to improve them;
- Enhance your user experience by adapting and tailoring the content on the Website and/or Application to your interest and providing more relevant BNP Paribas ads and content to you on non-BNP Paribas websites and non-BNP Paribas applications.
- Remember information that you provided to us (e.g. to automatically populate forms with information that you have previously provided to us so that you can log on more quickly);
- Keep track of your preferences and settings in your use of our Website and/or Application (e.g. time zone etc.);
- What kind of information can be stored in a cookie?
The information stored by the cookies on your device may relate to the following, subject to its retention period:
- the webpages you have visited on that device;
- the advertisements you have clicked on;
- the type of browser you use;
- your IP address;
- and any other information that you have provided on our Website and/or Application.
- What kinds of cookies do we use and for what purpose?
Cookies used on our Websites and/or Applications are classified into different categories.
- Strictly necessary cookies (mandatory)
These cookies are essential for the Site / Application to function properly. They may include, for example, cookies which collect session ID and authentication data, cookies that make it possible to personalize the interface of a Site and / or an Application (for example, for the choice of the language or presentation of a service) or some audience measurement cookies. This category also includes cookies that allow us to comply with our legal obligations, including ensuring a safe online environment (for example by detecting repeated login failures in order to prevent unauthorized persons from reaching your account).
Please note that the use of strictly necessary cookies for the proper functioning of the Site and/or Application does not require your consent. This is why the option "strictly necessary cookies" is pre-checked in our cookie management tool and is not optional.